So, you have an eCommerce store with some wildly exciting products to sell, a cutting-edge brand, increasing sales figures and your sights on massive retail success! Or… maybe, if you’re honest, you’d currently describe your store more like a tentative online presence for the full garage of rapidly ageing stock you need to shift, and you’re not really sure where to go next.
Either way, the benefits you’ll get from opting to sell through an online marketplace such as Amazon or eBay are likely to mean a well-earned boost for business. So whether you’re used to the shark-infested waters of the business world, or already feeling a bit out of your depth, let’s take a look at some good reasons to don your virtual armbands and take the marketplace plunge.
1) Exposure. However beautiful your site looks, we’d like to bet you didn’t get 85 million unique visitors last month. That’s the figure that Amazon boasts, and its an impressively sized cake to be offered a slice of.
2) Sales. The statistics tell us that the average seller joining Amazon sells 50%. Think of the impetus for your brand. Think of all that spare garage space.
3) Customer care. Your customers will thank you for the reassuring inner glow they get from sourcing and purchasing your products through the familiar environment of one of the major sites, with a seamless checkout experience thrown in.
4) Repeat sales. Especially if you’re supplying items that customers will need to come back to buy again in the future, it makes it so much easier for them to repeat their order if all they have to do to find you again is search in the marketplace. Give them great service once, and they’ll come back for more.
5) Seller support. Online marketplaces offer sellers some great services and tools. You’ll want to weigh up the associated fees of course, but for example, how about the opportunity to send your whole inventory to them and no longer have to concern yourself with delivery fees! It could be a small price to pay for the business sense it makes. And you might even be able to get your car back in the garage.
So, why not consider selling on Amazon, eBay or even both. It could be the secret to unlocking your eCommerce potential.